HOW TO WEAR FLUTED SLEEVES
Sleeves that make a statement are on trend in the shops at the moment. The fluted sleeve is a statement sleeve available in tops, coats and dresses from casual to formal wear.
Let’s look at some styling elements to consider when wearing fluted sleeves.
What are Fluted Sleeves?
- Fluted sleeves are usually three quarter or long sleeves.
- These sleeves are narrower at the top and at a certain point become shaped and fuller.
- The fullness is greatest at the end of the sleeve.
Tips to ensure fluted sleeves are flattering your shape
- Fabric – softer fabrics will not create as much volume as firmer fabrics.
- Seam line – These sleeves sometimes have a seam line where the sleeves change shape. Take notice of where this seam line is positioned on your body (bust, middle, thigh, hips) to ensure it is not creating a widening horizontal line in an area you would prefer not to look larger.
- Fullness – Where the fullness of the sleeves sits on your body can also have a widening effect.
- Length – If the sleeve length falls below the wrist it can give the appearance of the top being too big.
STYLING MY Motto FLUTED SLEEVE TOP
Casual style teamed with jeans.
Smart casual style.
WHAT I DISCOVERED WEARING THE FLUTED SLEEVES….
At first I found the sleeves annoying because I wanted to keep pushing them up as I usually do with long sleeves. These sleeves wouldn’t stay up. It felt different but I am getting used to it.
These sleeves were not too voluminous but they did tend to get in the way when doing certain activities. Be careful when eating.
- WEARING A JACKET
I will only wear this top when I know I won’t need to put on a jacket. The sleeves felt somewhat uncomfortable when constrained under the jacket.
- WILL I BUY ANOTHER FLUTED SLEEVE TOP?
I won’t be buying another long sleeve one because it didn’t quite give me the comfort level I like in my clothes for the above reasons.
I found myself fussing with the sleeves somewhat. It didn’t have The Goldilock’s Principle for my personality style –
it wasn’t ‘just right’ for my no fuss comfort level.I love the colour, style and the way this top integrates into my wardrobe. It is a purchase that will be worn in the coming season but not for going out to dinner.